Global CIO Institute: Columbia University (May 2023)
CIO Institute Events - A day of world-class, end-user driven academia helping executives make the right decisions. Covering the latest trends and challenges, our flagship events provide a dynamic and agile mix of thought leadership, best practice, and networking sessions.
Dr Beverly McCann
Senior Cyber Security Analyst
VP of Sales, EMEA
Dr Beverly McCann
Senior Cyber Security Analyst
VP of Sales, EMEA
Introducing our Event Chair
Gregory North, CEO, Globe North
Transformation is one of the leading concerns of today’s CIO. The panel will explore how you can nurture a culture of innovation to ensure you are giving your teams an environment to express progressive ideas.
- How does the working environment affect motivation, collaboration and creativity?
- Appreciating the value of cultural differences and building an environment in which minority groups feel accepted and confident to contribute
- Incentivising idea sharing and encouraging unconventional thinking
Panellists: Danielle Gomes, CIO, Johnson and Johnson LATAM
Moderated by Gregory North, CEO, GlobeNorth
The cloud has become an integral part of modern business operations, offering numerous benefits, including scalability, flexibility, and cost savings. However, with these benefits come security challenges and operational complexities that must be addressed for businesses to realize the full value of the cloud.
- Best practices for cloud adoptio
- Trends and technologies in cloud computing, including edge computing, containerization, and serverless architecture
- Maintaining security and compliance in the cloud
- Understanding the heart of regulations and building frameworks
- Future-proofing strategies
- AI and Machine learning regulation
- Engaging you legal team to be more tech-savvy
Moderated by Jo Ann Davaris, Chief Privacy Officer, Booking Holdings
In this session, we will explore the importance of security planning and how three-pronged organizational strategy planning can help protect from cyber threats.
- Avoiding data breaches through human error with enhanced security hygiene
- Achieving Board commitment to security strategy and regular quarantine reporting
- Execution - getting the team on board and developing continuous improvement
Join this Keynote session with Kemas Ohale, Vice President Global Information Security at Lippert
Business transformation is a critical process for organizations looking to stay competitive in today's rapidly evolving marketplace. However, the journey to transformation can be challenging, with many obstacles to navigate along the way. Developing a clear framework for transformation is crucial to achieving success.
- Best practices for developing a framework for successful business transformation.
- Use of analytics, automation, and emerging technologies to drive innovation.
- Identify opportunities to create competitive advantages and increase business agility
Join this keynote session
Full session synopsis coming soon
Brands are seeing the power of inclusivity in creating loyalty, with customers spending more with brands that align with their values and that they can trust. There is a massive opportunity to better serve customers with physical and visual disabilities, which combined is the largest minority in the world.
This year, Estee Lauder Companies launched its Voice Enabled Makeup Application (VMA) application, which helps visually impaired users apply makeup independently through a smart mirror. This session will showcase the technology, highlight what’s to come next, and reveal how accessibility is at the forefront of innovation. From accessibility-focused Hackathons to improvement in store design, the technology team has prioritized accessibility in their work.
Join this keynote session with Michael Smith, SVP IT and CIO, Estee Lauder Companies
In today's interconnected world, businesses are increasingly expanding their operations into new territories and markets, creating a need for IT solutions that can support their global operations. However, managing IT infrastructure across multiple regions and territories can be complex and challenging.
Join this interactive boardroom session in partnership with The Global IT Alliance (GITA)
Moderated by Emery Geosits, Executive Director,
Join this keynote session
In today's business world, the Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) trend has become increasingly popular, with employees using their personal devices for work-related tasks. While BYOD can increase productivity and employee satisfaction, it also brings a new set of challenges for CIOs to manage.
- The benefits of implementing enterprise browsing, including increased security, compliance, and productivity
- Solutions available for enterprise browsing, including both on-premises and cloud-based options
- How to balance security and productivity
Join this interactive boardroom session
Finding and retaining top talent is critical for success. As a CIO, it's important to understand the latest trends and best practices for sourcing and retaining premium talent.
- Latest recruiting technologies, including artificial intelligence and data analytics, and discuss how to leverage these tools to source top talent
- Practical strategies for building a strong company culture and attracting the best talent to support their organization's growth
The benefits of creating an inclusive work environment are numerous, from increased employee engagement and productivity to improved retention rates and a better reputation in the marketplace. However, developing an inclusive culture requires intentional effort, particularly in building a diverse team.
- Best practices for creating an inclusive culture
- Attract and retain diverse talent
- The importance of unconscious bias training
- Establish a culture of inclusivity from the top down
Complacency and lack of investment in innovation can be fatal in an ever-evolving and constantly disrupted global supply chain. Bridging the gap between the need for transformation and the desire to change requires a strategic roadmap. Not knowing where to start shouldn’t stop you from forging ahead. This session will discuss the key issues facing the supply chain industry today:
- Techniques to enhance agility and resiliency to be better prepared for the future
- Disruption shaping and creating anti-fragility
- Ensuring return on investment during digital transformation.
Join this interactive boardroom discussion in partnership with Kinaxis
Data is one of the most valuable assets a company has, but is rarely treated that way. Unlike physical resources, data has unique features and needs to be valued differently, and organisations thriving in the digital economy know how to take advantage of this.
This session will explore Infonomics, the theory, study, and discipline of asserting economic significance to information. How can we maximize the benefits of recognising data as the corporate asset that it is?
Join this interactive boardroom with Doug Laney, Author of Infonomics - WSJ and CIO Magazine's Must Read Book
Since the start of the pandemic, CIOs have witnessed firsthand a profound and permanent civilizational shift that has resulted in the death of traditional recruiting.
Traditional "boundaried" work arrangements are inhibiting your talent acquisition opportunities in a global marketplace. So what do you do when your competitors embrace "boundaryless" work with an opportunity radius that covers the entire planet?
This boardroom discussion will allow participants to discuss the challenges and opportunities that modern CIOs face in identifying and retaining elite IT talent while sharing how AI can serve as a competitive advantage.
Join this interactive boardroom session in partnership with Turing
Technology Talent Development is a crucial aspect of modern business operations as technology plays a significant role in shaping companies and the future of IT work. With the fast pace of technological advancements, organizations face challenges in attracting, retaining, and developing talent. A few challenges that organizations are facing include a shortage of skilled technology professionals, the need to reskill and upskill current employees, and the pressure to align technology with business strategy.
- Ensuring their organizations have the necessary talent to meet these business objectives.
- Creating a culture of continuous learning, invest in talent development programs, and embrace more technology to support the reskilling and upskilling initiatives.
- Taking proactive steps to address these challenges and align talent with corporate strategic direction.
Join this keynote session with Kenneth Corriveau, EVP and CIO Omnicom Media Group
Chair's closing comments and prize draw
If you are interested in attending the event, please click to register. Once completed a member of our delegate acquisition team will attempt to contact you within 24-48 hours regarding your registration to confirm your eligibility.